Youth Soloist Auditions
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Shawnee Mission North High School
Band Room/Choral Room
1. Auditions for an orchestra instrumentalist to perform one (1) movement of a
standard concerto, or the equivalent.
2. All applicants must be 21 years of age or under, and must be a resident of
Johnson County or a member of the Overland Park Orchestra. All
applications must be received no later than Friday, February 24, 2017.
3. Eligible musical selections must have a readily available orchestral
accompaniment to perform with the Overland Park Orchestra.
4. Each contestant must furnish: A) an accompanist for the audition and B) 3
copies of the composition for the judge(s). The orchestra reserves the right
to declare no winner if a qualified entrant is not received.
5. Each contestant must complete the APPLICATION and mail it to: Tim
Gillispie, 8519 W 127 TER, Overland Park, KS, 66213. Include a $10 NONREFUNDABLE
APPLICATION FEE with the application. Students who
cannot meet this financial requirement may apply for a waiver through this
6. The winner will receive a $100 prize and will perform in concert with the
orchestra on Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 3:00pm. The concert location is
Tomahawk Ridge Community Center (11902 Lowell Ave, Overland
Park, KS 66213)
7. Contestants will be advised of an assigned audition time soon after the
deadline for receipt of applications. (Feb. 24, 2017). Contestants must be
present for their audition on March 1, 15 minutes prior to the assigned time,
with their accompanist.